Elden Ring: How Does NG+ Work?
Are you looking for a new challenge in Elden Ring? Have you completed the game and want to experience it all over again with a new level of difficulty? Then NG+ may be the perfect option for you. NG+ (New Game Plus) is a feature that allows players to replay the game with increased difficulty while retaining their character’s progress and equipment. In this article, we will explore the mechanics of NG+ in Elden Ring, how to unlock it, and tips for success.
What is NG+ in Elden Ring?
NG+ is a feature that has been present in many FromSoftware games, including Dark Souls, Bloodborne, and Sekiro. It is a game mode that allows players to start a new game with their existing character, retaining their level, equipment, and progress. However, enemies and bosses are significantly more challenging, providing a new level of difficulty for players who have already completed the game.
In Elden Ring, NG+ is similar to previous FromSoftware games, with some unique differences. In NG+, the game’s difficulty is increased, with enemies dealing more damage, having more health, and having new attack patterns. Additionally, new equipment and items become available, providing even more options for players to customize their character.
Stay tuned for the next sections to learn how to unlock NG+ in Elden Ring and what changes occur in this mode.
What do you need to know about Elden Ring?
Before diving into the specifics of NG+ in Elden Ring, it’s worth briefly discussing the game itself. Elden Ring is an upcoming action role-playing game developed by FromSoftware and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment. It is set in a fantasy world created by game director Hidetaka Miyazaki and fantasy novelist George R. R. Martin. The game features an open-world environment, and players can create and customize their character, including their appearance, weapons, and combat style.
The game has generated a lot of excitement among fans of FromSoftware games, with many eagerly anticipating its release. It is set to be released on February 25, 2022, for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. With its release just around the corner, now is the perfect time to start preparing for the challenges that Elden Ring has in store, including NG+.
How to Unlock NG+ in Elden Ring?
To unlock NG+ in Elden Ring, the player must first complete the game’s main story campaign. Once the player has completed the game, they will be given the option to start a new game in NG+ mode. However, there are a few requirements that players need to meet before they can access NG+:
- Complete the game: As mentioned, players must complete the game’s main story campaign before they can access NG+. This means defeating the final boss and watching the game’s ending sequence.
- Save file: Players must have a save file with a completed game. This can be either a new game or a game that has been completed previously.
- Character level: There is no minimum character level requirement to unlock NG+. However, it is recommended that players be at a high level to have the best chance of success in NG+.
If you meet these requirements, you can start a new game in NG+ mode. Here’s a step-by-step guide to unlocking NG+ in Elden Ring:
- Complete the game’s main story campaign, including the final boss.
- Save your game after the credits have finished rolling.
- Quit the game and restart it.
- Select the “New Game” option from the main menu.
- Choose the character you want to play as and select “NG+.”
- Start playing in NG+ mode.
What Changes in NG+?
NG+ mode in Elden Ring is significantly more challenging than the base game. Enemies and bosses deal more damage, have more health, and have new attack patterns. Additionally, new equipment and items become available, providing even more options for players to customize their character. Here are some of the changes that players can expect to see in NG+ mode:
- Enemy and boss difficulty increase: Enemies and bosses have increased health and damage, making them more challenging to defeat. Additionally, some enemies and bosses have new attack patterns or abilities that players will need to learn to overcome.
- New items and equipment available: In NG+ mode, players can access new items and equipment that were not available in the base game. This includes new weapons, armor sets, and spells that can help players overcome the increased difficulty.
- Changes to game mechanics: Some game mechanics change in NG+ mode, such as the amount of experience points required to level up. Additionally, some areas of the game may have new enemies or obstacles that were not present in the base game.
Overall, NG+ mode in Elden Ring provides a new level of challenge for players who have already completed the game. With increased difficulty, new items, and changes to game mechanics, NG+ mode is a great way to experience Elden Ring in a new way. However, it is not recommended for players who have not yet completed the game, as it assumes a high level of skill and knowledge of game mechanics.
Tips and Strategies for NG+
NG+ in Elden Ring is a new level of difficulty that requires players to be well-prepared and have a solid strategy in place. Here are some tips and strategies to help you succeed in NG+:
Recommended Builds and Equipment
Before starting NG+, it’s important to have a solid build and equipment setup. Consider focusing on a specific damage type, such as physical or elemental, and invest in the appropriate stats and equipment to maximize your damage output. Additionally, having a balanced build that includes stamina and health is crucial for surviving the increased difficulty.
How to Prepare for NG+
Preparing for NG+ involves more than just having the right build and equipment. It’s essential to fully upgrade your weapons and armor to maximize their potential. Additionally, stocking up on healing items and other consumables is crucial for surviving the increased difficulty. Finally, consider revisiting areas of the game to collect any missed items or complete unfinished quests.
How to Approach NG+ Bosses
NG+ bosses in Elden Ring are significantly more challenging than in the base game. It’s essential to learn their attack patterns and weaknesses to succeed. Additionally, consider summoning NPCs or other players to assist you in the fight. Finally, don’t be afraid to take it slow and play defensively, waiting for openings to strike.
NG+ in Elden Ring is a challenging but rewarding game mode for players who have already completed the base game. With increased difficulty and new equipment and items, it provides a fresh experience for players to enjoy. To succeed in NG+, it’s crucial to have a solid build and equipment setup, fully upgrade your gear, and approach bosses with a strategy in mind. With these tips and strategies, you’ll be ready to take on the challenges of NG+ in Elden Ring.